To manage your account within InstantForum we provide two options accessible from the user menu on every page within InstantForum. These options are Edit Profile and Account. You can see these below...
From the Edit Profile dialog you can...
- Build your public forum profile (provide links to social media, blog details etc)
- Toggle if your birth year should be displayed to others if you supply a birthday
- Provide a signature to appear below all your forum posts
From the Account page you can...
- Update your account username & email address or reset your account password via the "Email & Password" link.
- Manage private messages sent to you by other community members
- Manage both forum & topic subscriptions
- Manage who you are following and who you receive notifications from
Resetting Your Account Email and / or Password
To reset your account password or email address simply click the Account link within the user menu as shown above. From your main Account page click the "Email & Password" link on the left.
Updating Your Email Address
If you update your email address (provide a new email) you may need to once again verify ownership of the new email address by clicking a unique verification link that will be sent to the new email address you provide. This will place your account back into the awaiting activation role which may mean you have limited permissions (for example you can't post) until you verify ownership of the new email address by clicking the unique verification link in your email inbox.
Updating Your Password
If your already logged into InstantForum you can update your password via the Reset Password link on the Email & Password page. If you've forgot your password and are not able to login you can request a Reset Password link be sent to your account email address from the InstantForum login or registration pages.
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...
Thank you for your feedback!